What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Still Making it!

Well another frustrating moment when my truck started heating up while we were driving. I thought that maybe it just needed more water or maybe the thermostat was sticking or something LITTLE!!! But NO!!!! So one afternoon I was looking at the motor trying to figure out what tools I would need to take out the thermostat. And as I was scanning over everything I noticed that the freakin FAN in front of the motor was MISSING!!!!! I noticed it was sitting on the bottom of the fan cover in front of the radiator. It had been lying against the belts and was starting to burn throught the blades on the fan. I didn't know what to think! I did thank God that we were not left stranded when it happened and made it home. I called the mechanic and he said it was the bearings inside the fan clutch that were bad and that was why it came off. Well a new one cost....mucho and I haven't been able to find a used one yet but I will probably be going to the capital in the next couple of days to walk the "parts streets" to find a used fan clutch. I do believe that Lord willing when we get it fixed I will drive it straight to the street corner and put a for sale sign on it and sell it! Enough! But I am thankful that it made it this far and hopefully we will make it with just Brandi's car...I know WE will but it will make it more complicated to get things to and from the village and with me and Brandi going two different ways for work will be a little harder too. But Praise the Lord we do have a car...pray for our car. And we will make it and keep going and doing what we can do. Pray that my truck will sell and the right person will get it. BUT I cant tell you how bad I am missing my family now. I don't know why it seems so hard right now but I am looking forward to hanging out with my crazy brothers and my sister. Keith, Luke , and Jo are soo funny and most of the time it's funny to listen to them get Keith all upset or see Josiah pout like dad does. OH It was so funny while Luke and Jo were here. Jo and Meg were left one night at the mall through an incredible miss understanding but Jo....soo funny...was soo overwhelmed with the idea that they were left that he was soo dramatic and sensitive!! You could not help but laugh at his face and the way he was yelling and going on about how bad that was. And then when Luke would laugh....OH....he would start rubbing his chest just like Bones does and get the exact same expressions that Bones has when his feelings are hurt. If you know Josiah...you HAVE TO ask him about that experience and watch his face! Hilarious! But God is good and very funny!! Love Him! Well...there you go.


Daniel

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...I'm touched you actually REMEMBERED to post that you had a sister to miss!!!! I think being away in Guatemala actually makes you a little mushy:) and I love it! HA! You know, I think you and Luke are the only ones that I see that can get Josiah like that! Josiah is usually getting everyone else!
    And talking about getting Keith upset! HILARIOUS! me and Josiah got him so good the other night! I was laughing so hard!!!! We miss you guys like crazy too!!! I guess you will be coming for Christmas, right?
    We will be praying for your vehicles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we will be hame in Nov 2. And my truck is gone!! I am waiting to find the part and have been for more than a month now and when i get it and fix it I am going to sell it!! So pray that the Lord sells it to the right person at the right price!

    ReplyDelete