What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Got Nothing

Hello. I really don't have much to say. I just heard a story from Brandi where she made a little girl in her school here in the city cry! I thought that was funny b/c the students think she is mean and always mad. But really she is almost the only teacher there that disciplines her students or makes them GO TO CLASS!! (SO DIFFERENT THAN THE SCHOOL IN THE MINSTRY ! Those kids up there are so good!) Anyway it is pretty rough but she is doing good...making them cry and behave. I love it....better the little kids than ME!! HAHA But just about finished setting all the tile in the clinic today. There is only a little bit more left after a two day job turned into a week and a half job! But it is going to look good and be easier to keep clean after some patients have accidents on the floor. Oh yeah...I have been trying to fix my truck for little over a month with the fan clutch to cool the radiator. I got the part today and hope I can put it on and see if it works tomorrow. First part I get didn't go to a Ford Ranger....but the mechanic said it went to a Ford so it has to work. Weirdo! Well...it didn't work. Would not even fit on the motor. So the mechanic told us to cut the blades down on the fan so it would fit. Couldn't do that b/c it was not for my truck and would not fit. They just couldn't understand that. So I was able to send it back to him with the help of my neighbor and let him find the right fan to send back. I explained I do not want anything but the fan that goes to my truck. Well if they didn't just
"fix" the fan themselves. The metal center piece on the fan had cracked and broke it places. They welded another piece of metal around the broke piece and cut holes for the bolts. I just don't understand but Lord willing it will work. I am going to try it tomorrow so pray for us. Well we have been having fun here lately with the kids and each other. It has been raining off and on causing it to cool down here so that is wonderful. I am sorry I only talk about frustrations...they seem to teach me more and make me laugh more than the other things. But I will write more about the good things here when ever they get here...HAHA Just joking!! We are doing great and enjoying the ministry that God has blessed us with and hope to continue to have the privilege to serve God where ever He wants us. God is GOOD! There you go.

Daniel

1 comment: