What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Stomach Nast!

Well the nasty bug has made it's rounds back to this house. Brandi has not been able to eat anything for the past five days without getting sick just 30 minutes to an hour later. And Mary Kathleen has the same problem since the beginning of the week. I on the other hand must have a slitely stronger stomach b/c I only have horrible gas. I know.....too much information exspecially for those of you who really don't know me or understand the third world country bug but those of you who know me and know of the bug....totally get me! So pray for Brandi and Mary Kathleen! Not just about their stomachs but that they can endure mine!! HAHA! Ok...I always mention how hard and brutal Brandi is to me when I am sick or hurt, well I got her today! And don't be saying anything about bless her heart non-sense...she had it coming! But she was lying on the couch not feeling good at all and trying to relax and not hurt. Levi was being the typical three year old and asking her over and over and over what was wrong and why she didn't feel good. So I yelled to him to go tell her to suck it up!! HA And he went back in there probably thinking he was saying something sweet and encouraging and said in his little sweet cute voice..."Momma, what's wrong? Momma, suck it up." LOL But she didn't respond or laugh...where is the sense of humor? But any how...we are doing good besides the loving the toilet thing. It has been raining a lot and causing the evening and nights to be rather cool! So praise the Lord for that.
I am going to be teaching Chayo from the village how to drive! HA! He wants to learn how to drive so I am going to teach him here in the city. He is soo excited and I am sooo nervous! I think as smart and intelligent as he is it will not be hard but learning in this crazy traffic will be interesting. We will start outside the city though where there is no cars. I think it will be fun! He is a really cool guy and a really good friend so I want to help him in this area. It's like he is turning 15 and going to start driving with his permit. You remember how excited you were and offered to drive everywhere. Now you try to get in the passenger seat first so you dont have to drive! But I hope we can start next weekend. Good stuff.
Well keep us in your prayers and don't just read, ask questions or comment. I always thought that only my sister and mother-in-law read these things till one group came and one of the women started talking about everything I had wrote! I got a little scared thinking about what all I have said on here but it is all good. God bless!! There you go.

Daniel

2 comments:

  1. HEY DIPPY!
    YOU MUST HAVE ALWAYS HAD A TOUCH OF THAT GUATEMALA BUG BECAUSE YOUR GAS HAS ALWAYS SMELLED HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE!
    No body here has forgotten you guys at all! we all miss you terribly so and it keeps getting worse and worse. Our love for you guys is endless!!!! we can't wait to see you all again face to face. I hope the gas is gone by then!!! :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the sickness:( Glad I'm not around you though to smell that gas!!! Man!! Do you remember how you three made me gag ALL THE TIME from your nasty butt-gas!!!! And especially when we were stuck in the car and I couldn't go anywhere!!!!!!!!! Grrrrr....

    ReplyDelete