What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Busy day...

Today was pretty busy. Daniel had to leave early this morning to take our truck to the shop because the pully on it is broken...yeah the man told him it would cost more than $600 to fix it. Then Daniel went to another shop, and they quoted $400. Never know here because they think "Gringos" have money! Anyway, please pray that we find a part for the truck and that we can find someone that can fix it right...because we just did this a month and a half ago.
Then Daniel goes with Jorge to work in the village, and around 2:00pm, they had to come home because the people in the village started protesting with machettes and rocks because the electric company is raising the cost of electricity by 60%. This is suppose to be going on for 3 days, but hopefully it won't go on that long. But right when Daniel got home, he went to looking for other people to fix the truck. He got home around 6pm, and then he headed of to Ipala to make me a sidetable for Mother's day with one of our friends. (I'm excited about that!)
I went to school this morning and did NOT fall today. It was very hot though. Wow, how I miss the air conditioned classrooms. Then, I went to Sarita's house to work on the GMM newsletter right after school. I got home around 3pm, and as I was walking in the door, my neighbor asks me to help her with her math homework. (Of course I didn't mind working on math...I miss teaching math! :)) She had over 100 problems! Poor woman! She has two kids of her own and is trying to finish her degree, and she is so smart. (She taught me how to fit in here...aka, how to make tortillas and how to use my pila, which is something they use to wash their clothes by hand. Yeah, I just bathe my kids in it.) Anyway, now it is 8:30pm, and I am about to crash with the kids, read a book with them, and then wait for Daniel to get home. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment