What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

A day dream...

One morning, about a year before we came to Guatemala, I was sitting at the kitchen table in Greenhill studying for a Sunday school lesson I would teach.  Daniel was working at the PD, I was pregnant with Mary Kathleen, and Levi was asleep upstairs. We were in the process of fully committing to coming to serve in Guatemala.
All of a sudden, I saw a big field full of people sitting and listening to Jesus teach. My mom, dad, and grandmother were in the crowd sitting and listening. Jesus came to me and asked me to help Him serve, so I went around serving really quickly and then I went and sat down with my parents and grandmother. Jesus came up to me again and asked me to help serve, so I got up and helped as fast as I could and then went back to sit with my family. This happened one more time, and then Jesus finished teaching and everyone in the crowd got up to go back to their homes. I just stood there crying and watching my parents and grandmother leave when Jesus whispered in my ear that it was time to go.
When I "woke up", I was in the shower getting ready for church. 
I felt God let me see this because He knew that I was fighting between leaving my family and coming to Guatemala. Although it still was the hardest decision of my life, I often think of what I saw in the vision and remember that it was God who called us to serve here. 
I feel also God wanted me to see that we all have a calling. My family is where they are suppose to be, ministering where they are to minister.  There were so many people listening to Jesus, and they left to go back to their homes and tell others. We all have a calling and a purpose. 
 

1 comment: