What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Friday, July 29, 2016

I don't mean to act frustrated

A young woman in Chiquimula calls us a lot. Every time she calls, I know there is a need - A financial need, a need for clothes, a need for medicine, a "can you meet me" need. My human nature struggles within me when I see her number on my phone. The "don't answer" voice screams in my head. Know what voice I'm talking about?
Every time I talk with this young woman or try to meet the need, God speaks and says "I'm not asking you to save her. Just love her. Look her in the eyes and listen." My know it all flesh wants to shake her and tell her exactly how her decisions are affecting her life and her son's ... and sometimes I give in to the flesh And say too much with my "fix it" mentality. But God is merciful ... and she keeps calling, so hopefully today when I meet her at the bus stop, I will love her and listen to God's voice instead of my annoyed one. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Thank you for being transparent and sharing your heart. You've said "out loud" some of the things that I've thought as well. So thankful that God is gracious.

    ReplyDelete