What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Police Training!!

Boom Baby!! Back in action!!! Dan Dan the Po Po Man! Haha! I know...really weird...but funny! I had the greatest time working with Josh Byrd and his ministry training the police officers here in Chiquimula! And with one of my old partners I use to work with at Florence Police Department, Lee Smith. We worked on the same shift together for almost 4 years. And Chris Weldon also came, who is a Florence Police Officer; but during my time at the PD, Chris was my pastor at the church where I was serving as youth pastor. Good stuff huh? We trained the police here for two days. There were about 75 officers that passed through the training. They were so excited and grateful! I was excited for them! What a blessing. Some of the supervisors shared with us that they hadn't received any new training for more than 15 years now, and others had only practiced firing with their firearms 2 times during those 15 years! But they received firearms training and were able to go to the firing range and shoot! It felt great to be back doing a little bit of that work again! I didn't know if I would remember the training with the cuffs and ground fighting, but it all came back to me after a few minutes. I have seen some of the officers since the training, and they were still friendly and talked to me...so I guess I'm still good here. Thanks Josh for letting me be a part of your ministering to the police and to Lee and Chris for letting me participate with them in the training! Good stuff!









No comments:

Post a Comment