What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hanging by a finger

Well good morning to all. Got a little story that as nothing to do with the ministry but thought I'd share it anyways. I was looking at our property wall one day and the razor wire that is around the top of the wall. I have already had to climb over the wall a few times b/c I didn't have the keys and couldn't get in. But the electricity was not on when I did this. Well one time it was on, but I had help from a friend to balance me while straddling the wire to get to the other side. Makes you feel safe and secure knowing that no one can get in your house b/c you have electrical razor wire around your wall even though I've done it three or four times. But keep praying for protection from the Lord against evil. But back to the day I was looking at the wire. I thought that this wire is not sharp at all it is only pointy and thin. It wouldn't cut you at all to grab it if the electricity was not on. It can't cut b/c it isn't sharp. Well...I feel and think different now! I was getting some fruit out of our tree one day to make juice. The tree is next the property wall and the fruit was at the very top of the tree. So genious me got our ladder and climbed to the top where it says do not step or stand. I had one foot on the top of the ladder and one foot on the property wall under the wire. Well I got everything down just fine. When I was easing down the ladder carefully I made it off the wall and onto the ladder with both feet but still had one hand on the ladder and the other hand on the wall hold the medal post that the wire is connected to in order to balance me. So I made it down off the wall safely and was about to turn and put both my hands on the ladder when I felt my hand stuck on something and couldn't move it off the wall to the ladder. I pulled and pulled again but couldn't figure out what was going on. So I turned around and started to investigate the situation. I notice that my middle finger was stuck on something. Then I noticed a pointy piece of metal coming out of the top of my finger. It took a couple of seconds to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. Then when I was able to focus I saw that while I was swinging my hand around it hit one of the NOT SO SHARP razor pieces and went through my finger so fast and smooth that I didn't feel anything or know what was happening. After I screamed like a girl in my mind...I slid my finger up the razor piece and off the fence. Then I just squeezed my hand into a fist hard and walked to the house to recover from the panic in my mind and not lose it. Brandi saw me walking to the house and new something was wrong so she came in to check. When I started to open my fist to show her my finger, blood ran out. So I got a bowl of clean water and stuck my hand in it and started trying to clean off the dirt and blood. I saw where the blood was coming out but it sure did look little. So after I cleaned a little Brandi said she wanted to see. So I lifted it up to show her and she couldn't find the hole. Haha It was such a fine cut in and out that it torn nothing, praise the Lord. But we found it after looking for a while. Felt like Barney Fife and his trigger finger injury. But thank the Lord that it only was sore and is healing good and fast. I saw where the wire had rust all over it and I could see all the dirt through my finger. It went in toward the middle bottom part of the fingerprint area and came out at the top by my fingernail. So I had to get a tetanus shot and 2 more within 6 months. But I reckon now I think a little different about the wire. If you touch it, it will enter your body rather easy and fast. Then you either have to stop and figure out how to get loose or pull whatever stuck off the wire. NASTY! I am very happy that the wire was not plugged up to the electricity that day!!! There you go.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment