What We Do

My photo
We are a non-profit organization that works with pastors, churches, schools, and the local hospital in Chiquimula, Guatemala. We host training seminars for pastors, leaders, and youth from rural areas and we help supply the congregations with Biblical materials to minister to their communities. We visit several public schools to share a Biblical story and play with the kids. We also pray in the local hospital and give out toys, toiletries, and Biblical materials. Ways to Be a Part of this Ministry: Come - We need pastors and leaders to come and teach these pastors and leaders here in Guatemala. Or you could bring a group to work in the churches or schools with construction or evangelism. Financially Support - If you would like to support this ministry, please visit our website at www.eyeswideopenministries.com to donate online or send your donation to: P.O.Box 245 Florence, Alabama 35631 Make your checks payable to Eyes Wide Open Ministries. All donations are tax-deductible. Pray - Please pray we will follow God's leading in all we do.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Love My Kids

Hello. Just wanted to write a quick something about something my kids did yesterday and today. We have been sooo busy with Luke's group the past 10 days that we did not have time to do anything but it was wonderful to spend time with the family and my brothers! Everybody told me....Daniel, we thought you were crazy!! I had the best time acting dumb and somebody actually appreciating it and laughing with me instead of looking at me like I'm crazy or weird. And best of all, my brothers are even crazier than me so I got to sit back and laugh the whole week! Sorry Leigh and Baker! We all thought it would have been complete with yall here. But after they left we had a lot of stuff to get done BUT on top of the stuff...we were freakin sick!! Both the kids!! Me!! and Brandi!! We all had the stomach nasty and pain and the kids were sick with a horrible cough and stomach sickness as well. So here we were trying to pay bills, take the kids to a doctor that we can't understand, and not have to change the undies again while doing all of this! SO we spilt up to get it done faster and easier. So I had Levi and we went to pay some bills and get some groceries. And at this time he had a 102 or more fever....sounds bad. I know a lot of you are saying, Well he shouldn't have been out and that's not good to have him out. Well I have this to say to you, Come live here and do it differently and write about it! HA But anyways, on our way back home with all the weekend traffic and weak from sickness Levi starts singing out of the middle of no where God is so good, He answers prayers, and he loves me so. He sings it over and over and I sing it with him. Then when we get home he hmmms the song for another 2 hours. I think God put this on him so I cold not think anything else besides God is so good! Love it! And tonight my little girl finally ate something after about 5 days in a role of almost not eating anything. We were eating grilled chicken and beans and smashed potatoes. Well my little Guatemalan girl saw the smashed potatoes and starting asking for some. We gave her some and then she puts them in her hand and starts patting them out like it is tortilla mix to make tortillas like her mom does! It was so funny! She patted out tortillas and ate her beans and chicken for supper. Love it! God is so good!! Well, there you go.


Daniel

1 comment:

  1. I know - wish we had been there too! I'm so glad that all three of you got to be there together and I so would have loved just to be a fly on the wall to watch. All I have to do is get a good seat, get comfortable, and watch you three and you always make me laugh! I'm so glad you all are better and that's awesome how God uses the little ones all the time to remind us of things! Miss you all bunches and hope you have a blast with the McBays:)

    ReplyDelete